Tuesday, November 08, 2005

 

Jeremy Updates: No surgery Wednesday

There will be no facial surgery as originally planned tomorrow-they find him to be too "unsteady". The doctors continue to be baffled by what the cause of the infection in his body is. We are told that there is every indication that there is an infection in his bloodstream-it's just what the infection is that causes the problem. They can't treat it appropriately until they know what it is.

Jeremy had an echocardiogram today-basically an ultrasound of his heart to rule out infection in the lining-the good news is that his heart is fine-and strong (but we all knew that didn't we :)? ) He also had a CAT scan of his stomach and intestines-they checked out fine as well. They changed a line that they thought had some bacteria attached and they also discovered a bit of a yeast infection in his lungs-but it is my understanding that the yeast infection is not the cause of everything else-however you probably shouldn't quote me on that. I think they started him on some type of anti-fungal medication to help clear this up.

When I was able to visit him this evening I thought he appeared to be more sedated and calm than yesterday-he did open his eyes here and there and moved his eyebrow a bit but mostly just seemed to be sleeping. Overall he appeared to be comfortable-at least I choose to believe that. At times he got a little too relaxed and his blood pressure seemed low-but nobody but me seemed to be overly concerned-I just poked him a little and teased about borrowing his DVD's and the blood pressure seemed to go up. (The big sister in me knows how to raise his blood pressure quickly when necessary!).

I will continue to update-hopefully with more uplifting news soon-I know I could use some. Thank you for your comments. I enjoy reading them and it makes me feel good to know that so many people care about and love Jeremy-I'm really quite impressed by him (but don't tell him I said that!). He will surely get a chance to read this all when he is ready and it will make him feel so good.

Go hug someone you love.
Be safe.

Sarah

Comments:
Jeremy,

Our best thoughts are with you and your family. We're looking forward to talking with you.

Ted and Johanna Maple
 
Hey Jeremy and "the family"

My heart has never hurt as much as when I found out the news from Amber. YOU WILL GET THROUGH THIS! I only wish that Jenny and I had stayed in closer contact with you. Sarah, mom and dad - stay strong but when you need to break down, let it happen. There are many of us out here who know how to pick up pieces. Jenny and I are here for you as much as we can be so please don't hesitate to ask! For everyone who reads this, Sarah is right - hug someone you love because you never know what could happen in the blink of an eye! Oh, and let's make sure we stay in touch better. I know I'm guilty!
 
Jeremy, I miss talking with my dear friend. I am so thankful to have you in my life and am honored to have gotten to know your wonderful family and friends. You are the best little brother. I am suffering from a cold right now and will be up to see you when i am able. I will continue writing you as much as i can. My prayers and thoughts are with you and your great family! Michelle sends her love and prayers also. Hold on and stay strong my friend. I love you!
Dave & Michelle Wile
 
Hey Jeremy, I just wanted to say that even though Im no longer in Indy, Im still thinking of you and you are in my thoughts and prayers. Saty strong and hopefully I will be able to come and visit the next time I am in the US.
Loads of love, Annie O'Brien (the english princess!)
 
Thanks for keeping us all updated, Sarah, it means a lot, especially for those of us getting all the info 3 or 4th hand! Give Germ a kiss from me.

Kelly (Witherbee) Nelson
 
Jeremy, Hey there, I am praying for you all the time. I really miss seeing you at work. I cant wait to see you back at work. We are all anxious to see you back at work, and going strong again. We are always going to be there for you should you just need someone to talk to or anything at all. you will get through this and bethe same Jeremy we al came to know and love. Take care, and I will come to see you when i get a day off. Stay strong.

Laura Hooten (walden Inn)
 
Robb, Patty, and Sarah

We are all here with you. Let us know what you need. We will be thinking of you and of course Jeremy through his surgery tomorrow. I know he will pull through fine, he is strong and a determined man. Jeremy has what it takes to get through this well.

David Kay
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?