Monday, November 07, 2005

 

Jeremy's Day-November 7, 2005

I went to visit Jeremy after work today. The nurses reported that he had a very "busy" day even though he did not have surgery. There were a few procedures such as a bronchoscopy, (I probably spelled that incorrectly), some work with his legs and the vac bandages on them, as well as turning him, changing lines, and a bath. The nurses also said that he was more alert than he had been and followed a few commands-I'm assuming it was just blinking his eyes or turning toward their voices. They said that they really didn't want him to be that alert just yet and will be tweaking his medications-he may be building up a tolerance to the current sedative and need something different.

When Mom and I went back his eyes were open and he was blinking. As we started talking to him his blood pressure went up as well as his heart rate which kind of worried us but the nurses said they would let us know if we needed to leave. Mom did a good job of assuring him that he didn't need to try to talk to us and he just needed to rest. We stayed fairly quiet and held his hands and he seemed to calm some. The nurses really are taking such good care of him and we are thankful for that. We all agree that it must take a very special person to work in ICU.

As far as we know there are no surgeries scheduled for tomorrow. The facial surgery we assume is still on for Wednesday but I think that is a matter of the doctor's assements Wednesday morning as to whether it's a go or not. Not knowing the source of the infection and lack of kidney functions are still major concerns in Jeremy's world. We will continue to keep people updated as we are able-I think that with Colleen's help I can try to stay on top of it fairly regularly.

Thank you all so much for your prayers and kind thoughts. I know that it will mean so much to Jeremy when he is in a position to be able to read all of this. Don't forget to sign his book if you stop by the hospital. I'll be in touch.

Keep praying!!
Sarah (Jeremy's sister)

Comments:
This blog is a wonderful idea.

My thoughts and prayers are with Jermey and I have candles lit for him.
 
Hey Jeremy,

Love ya, big guy, I am praying for you.
 
Hi Jeremy,
I love you and think of you constantly. You know you are like my second son. You have a loving family which is one of God's most precious gifts. I will be to see you when we are allowed to come by again.
 
Hey Jeremy,
Please know that you have so many people rooting for your recovery and praying for you every day. You're in excellent hands at Wishard, and you have the best care around from the Nurses. I will play hooky and come visit you whenever you're ready. When you begin your Physical Therapy, they you may send you here to Community Hospital with me and Jerry Johnson! We'll do lunch! Miss you and see you soon.

Love,
Jen Elliott Email me! jrelliott@ecommunity.com
 
Sarah,
Thanks for the update. The kids and Glenn and I are praying many times throughout the day for Jeremy. We are so thankful God preserved his life!
Please call if you need anything.

Love,
Kelly for the Orr's
 
hey Jeremy, Its me David. Everybody is thinking about you and were all here for you when you wake up.
Love David
 
Hey Germy,

The love and support surrounding you right now is bigger than you can even imagine. All of my thoughts and prayers are with you and I can't wait until you wake up and I can give you a big hug! I'll see you soon....

Megen
 
Jeremy, It's been a long time since we've talked. I'm sorry that this difficult time is what finally brings me to reconnect with you. But know that I am thinking about you often and sending lots of positive thoughts to you and your family. I hope I can visit when you're on the mend.

All my best,
Erin (Nobles) Longwell
(BRHS/Golden Singers and Madrigals grad)
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?