Tuesday, December 31, 2013

 

Happy New Year!!!

Hello all!  Once again we find ourselves at the end of the month and I have not done a post.  What makes this one special?  You might ask.  Well, of course, this is the end of 2013!  I'd love to give you a long, reflective, hope filled post, but this year I find that I don't have time.  I know, I know, I owe you more stories (and pics) from my trip to the south west.  Trust me, we'll get there.  I intended to post more about that earlier this month, but the month was a flurry of activity coupled with a period of illness, and I just couldn't find the time.  (I'm better now...if you were wondering...finding time to see a doctor was part of not having time to write blog posts). 

Well, at this point I've rambled a bit and you probably are wondering why I don't have time for that long, reflective, hope filled post that I tend to do around the holidays.  The answer, my friends, is that for the first time in a very long time, I have plans tonight.  I had lunch with some very good friends (during the time that maybe I could have written that reflective post...although realistically I probably would have chosen to play Batman Arkham Origins) and now I need to get ready for an evening of comedy and ringing in the new year with some close friends.  So I will leave you with this:

1.  For the first time in many years I feel good enough about myself and my life to celebrate in style!  (there's your hope)

2.  My New Years Resolution is to write a chapter a month on the book that I started working on several years ago.  (Yep, that's right, I just publicly admitted that I've been working on a book...the first third is almost finished...I made a lot of progress in 2013 but hit the proverbial brick wall in October...finally wrote a new sentence the day after Christmas...that's actually big news).

3.  Happy New Year!

4.  Here's a picture of our family Christmas Tree and living room, post Christmas morning clean up:



Comments:
I'm so happy you have hope.
 
I'm so happy you have hope.
 
All the best to you in 2014, dear Cousin! Loved the pictures of the beautiful tree and decorations. May you have have a fruitful year of writing and I'll be first in line at your book signing. :-)

Love,
Colleen
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?