Friday, December 29, 2006

 

Time off for the Holiday's

This week I decided that since the trash pick up gets delayed one day that the blog would too! Seriously though, I haven't touched my computer since before Christmas. It's been kind of nice and I've been busy with the family. Uncle Mike left this morning so last night Mom, Dad, Uncle Mike, Sarah, and Madeline came over to watch a movie. I was pretty tired and decided to take the rest of the night off.

Today Dad and I went to the auto show which took up most of the day. I spent several hours getting in and out of different vehicles. Most of the vehicles were difficult for me to get my legs into. The wheel and steering column take up too much space. Even the ones that did have enough leg room may lose it when the hand controls are added. There was one vehicle that had perfect leg room but the door opening is probably too small to fit a wheelchair through. I won't know until I have a new wheelchair. Once I have that, I'll be able to make a decision.

The wheelchair will be lighter and have removable wheels to fold up smaller. I'm in the process of getting that through Voc Rehab (state agency) so the process is slow (go figure). I haven't worried about that this week because I've been spending time with my family. Christmas morning was especially nice, beginning with Madeline, my five year old niece, telling me to wake up and then telling Dad that I was going back to sleep.

Christmas was as wonderful as always at Mom and Dad's. The house is tastefully decorated, stockings hung on the mantle, a tree in the corner by the stairs. The stairs added quite a challenge this year. Christmas Eve was the first time that I've walked up those stairs in over a year. Christmas morning was the first time that I walked down them. My first Christmas gift was that down is definitely easier. Well, that was really the second gift, the first was that Madeline didn't wake up till almost eight!

Comments:
SOunds like you had a good christmas Jeremy.

Try not to get too frustrated about the delay on the car. Trust me, I know the frustrations of the slowness of the american government and paperwork ;)

Happy New Year!

Lots of love Annie xx
 
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!! That is exciting walking up and down the stairs. That is really a major accomplishment! You have made SO much progress. Who knows what 2007 will bring. Hopefully you will have your new wheelchair soon and a car soon thereafter. The government is shut down on Monday and Tuesday this week so feel free to take a day off blogging again this week. Love, Carolyn and Bruce
 
Wonderful!

Delaney woke up at 3am... but sat in the hallway singing christmas carols at the top of her lungs. She finally gave up and went back to bed and got up again at 7am

Happy New Year!
 
2006 - what a year but I am soooo glad you are around to see 2007 and many more!!! Happy New Year honey....
Can't wait to see the new car when you actually get it..
Things are good on this end, just moving a little slow as the new year makes me realize I'm a year older but wiser. But not a lot of changes which is good, I hate change.
My new year resolution is to communicate better with my friends because you never know...so, how about lunch or dinner? I'll even let you drive...
Enjoy your independence my friend, you have earned it !
Love ya,
Marsha
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?