Saturday, May 13, 2006

 

The end of the week

So, Thursday morning I woke up covered in sweat, my skin was grey, and my hands were so wrinkled I looked like I'd been laying in a tub of water for hours. Needless to say, this didn't leave me feeling very good. I had a therapy appointment that afternoon and Renee was not pleased with the condition of my skin. (redness near the incision, the wrinkles had gone away)
She contacted the ortho clinic and they squeezed me in.

There are five potential signs of infection - edema (swelling), pain, redness, fever, and discharge. I've got four out of the five. The one I don't have is the discharge. The problem is that the radiation treatment could also be responsible for the other four. To be on the safe side we're treating an infection. I'm now on eight different medications and have to get up frequently throughout the night to keep the pain under control. I think we're finally making some progress and hopefully the stitches will come out on Tuesday. I haven't forgotten where I left off on the facelift of the house. I will get back to it soon but I thought you all might want to know that overall I'm doing better, I'm still not out of the pain woods yet but, hopefully I soon will be. Thanks for all the positive thoughts and prayers!

Comments:
Dear Jeremy,

We are saddened to hear of your pain and we are pulling for your four symptoms to be due to the radiation.

Nancy is the name of the coordinator of the prayer list at our church. In early April I printed an 8 X 10 of one of your "Kiloword" photos from April 7 and gave it to her as evidence of the power of her and others power. She was thrilled to have it. Last week she fell and after two days found her hip was broken. Perhaps you will want to reciprocate and remember her in your prayers.

We have been thinking of you all weekend and will continue to remember you in our prayers.

Love from Lilla and Harry
 
Jeremy, Just letting you know, you are prayed for daily!! We have praying for you since the moment it happened and God will never leave you or forsake you he Loves you! Take care and we will keep praying for you.
 
I'm glad to hear you are feeling a little better...its all up from here!

We can wait on the story a but longer, its definately the main thing that you are feeling better and continue to feel better.

Love Annie x
 
Jeremy, I'm glad to hear that you are starting to feel better and will continue to pray that the pain soon subsides and you can get back on your feet! Know you are anxious to start walking again and continue on with your rehab so you can do the things you want to do.

Just keep up the good work! I know everybody is proud of you and all that you have accomplished since that awful day in October!
 
Jeremy

This is Dawn Woolgar Cerasale. I am praying for your pain to be lessened and your infection cleared. You write so well in your blogs, you connect people to you immediately. Could there be a short story or a children's book in this? I think you have some real talent.
 
Dearest Jeremy,
I go away for the weekend and come back and find you are still in pain. What is the deal? However, my friend the pain will subside soon and you will be up and walking again, running to get outside. The Lord has you in the palm of his hands Jeremy so stay strong and trust in your faith that everything will work out just fine. He has a plan for you and you are just experiencing the "down" side of it.. Besides there is the blog to write, the weddings to attend, the hammock to keep company, work is calling your name, you have entirely too much going on to give in to a little bit of pain!! Medication is nice but work through the pain and it will only make your stronger!!
I expect a full recovery is in order when you write again....Keep smiling, you are so cute when you smile, and that sense of humor...
Love ya,
Marsha
 
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12811777/
 
By the power of every moment of your goodness,
may all dangers be averted and all disease be gone.
May no obstacle come across your way.
May you enjoy fulfillment and long life.

For all in whose heart dwells respect,
who follow the wisdom and compassion, of the Way,
may your life prosper in the four blessings
of old age, beauty, happiness and strength.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?