Wednesday, January 04, 2006

 

Happy New Year!

Well, here we are in a brand new year-and boy, were we ever ready to see 2005 end. Jeremy truly had a life changing year-now he will have a tough year of recovery and learning-but he's up to the challenge. We saw the new year come in as a family-with a few special friends mixed in to add to the festivities. Even Madeline stayed up. Welcome 2006!

Jeremy reports that there was good news in therapy today. The wounds on his left leg are almost healed-what a long way that has come in a week. Also, the therapists have told him that they expect to be fitting his right leg for a prosthesis by the end of the month. As I understand it, this will be a temporary prosthesis-one to begin learning on and to begin the fitting process-there will be adjustments made as necessary to come up with just the perfect fit for his permanent prosthesis. His left leg is not too far behind. It is unbelievable to me that just a few weeks ago we still felt as if his life was in jeopardy-now he will be learning to walk again. Talk about miracles...

Subtle reminders are around everyday to keep us aware of how lucky we are that Jeremy is still with us-he has defied the odds. Our hearts go out to those of you who have lost someone special. Our prayers are with you as yours have been with us.

I'll be updating again next Wednesday and I continue to read your comments each day and report them to Jeremy. Hopefully soon the man himself will be adding his own comments.

Wishes to all for a safe and peaceful 2006!

Comments:
J-Man:

It is great to read that you are making such an amazing recovery thus far. My thoughts and prayers are with you during this next phase of your recovery. Can't wait to see you.

Mary Freeman
 
Jeremy,

You're amazing!!!! We're so excited for you and the progress that you have made in such a short amount of time. We will pray that the rest of your recovery surprises the medical professionals as much as what you have accomplished thus far!! I know you've been working hard!

Love,
Heather & Ron
Holly, Anna, & Ellie
 
To the entire Warriner famly, I wish you a New Year filled with nothing but love, prosperity and joy.
Thank you to Sarah and Colleen for keeping all of us informed about Jeremy and allowing us all to share our love and concern with you and Jeremy.
 
Jeremy,
My thoughts and prayers are with you! I really want to see you so I will call and arrange a time that will work for you and your family. I will check with Chris and maybe we can both stop by. Keep up the good work. I know you have a long road ahead of you, but you have never been afraid of hard work. Let me know if there is anything that I can do. Feel free to call me at the hotel 581-9400 anytime. Linda Poore
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?