Thursday, December 08, 2005

 

A Visit

I was able to make it in yesterday for a brief visit with Jeremy -- my first visit with him since he's been conscious. He looked just great -- thinner and weaker, of course, but amazingly well.

He is completely humbled by the response on this blog. We have no way of knowing how many people have viewed it since it started, but if you click on "Jeremy Updates" under Contributors in the upper left corner, you can see that his profile has been viewed almost 800 times (as of now). When I told him this, he said "I don't even know 800 people!" I'm sure no one knows just how many lives he's touched.

Before I left I asked him if he wanted me to post any messages from him. After he thought about it for awhile, he said "just that I'm aware of it (the blog) and it means a lot to me." We talked about how maybe when he's in rehab, he'll be able to have his laptop brought in and can come to the blog and post messages. Sounds like he is planning on doing that at some point in the future.

On October 23, the morning after Jeremy's accident, my 9-year-old daughter, Rachel, heard this scripture during our worship service at church. It reminded her of Jeremy, so she wrote it in a card for him that I delivered when I went down to the hospital later that afternoon to be with the Warriners.

"Now then, stand still and see this great thing the LORD is about to do before your eyes!"

--1 Samuel 12:16


Great, indeed!

Keep up the prayers -- so many of them have already been answered!

Colleen

Comments:
I am an old friend of Jeremy's. Please let him know I have been checking this blog often. He is in my prayers.
Marie Fuehner
 
Jeremy-

I just wanted to let you know that you've been our prayers. My spirit leaps when I read about your progress.

Hang in there, bud. You are an inspiration to me.

Merry Christmas!

Ben & Holly
 
Hi Jeremy!

Jim and I are so impressed with your progress! You have a great team supporting you all the way...keep your head up!

Merry Christmas!
Jennie Goodman (Powell)
 
Hi Jeremy
It's Ana MAria and Manny again wanting to let you know that we love you and we can not wait to see you soon. Hopefully we can spend some time with you at some point. For now, you are in our hearts everyday..Congratulations on your amazing recovery ..

Manny and Ana Maria
 
Hi Jeremy!

There is no doubt that God is keeping his hand upon you and your family. we are all praying for you. Your progress is inspiring! You have come so far. Keep on truckin'!

You will soar as if with eagle's wings yet!

B. Page
IPS
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?