Tuesday, December 20, 2005

 

He's Home!!

Jeremy has officially come home! He is at Mom and Dad's right now while his right arm continues to heal. Once this arm is capable of bearing his weight for transfers the plan is for him to go to his own home. He will be attending lots of outpatient therapy sessions and he has been told that he will need to continue to work at home "all the time". Not even a nap in the afternoons. There are specific exercises he needs to do quite often to increase his range of motion in his arms and to prepare the leg muscles for prosthetics.

We enjoyed our first meal as a family in over 8 weeks. It was quiet and peaceful. It is so nice to have him home-yet ever present in our minds that all of our lives, (especially Jeremy's), have changed forever. Simple things are suddenly next to impossible and somehow we manage them. I have a new perspective on so many things but above all I realize how important family and friends are-it sounds sappy but it is true. Thank you to all of our family and friends. We could not have come this far without your support and will continue to need it in the months to come. As I have said before, things can change in an instant. Cherish what you have-and make the best of the changes that come your way.

Don't hesitate to call Jeremy-he is now in charge of his own visiting schedule. Mom and Dad are glad for him to have visitors, however, they would appreciate visits being arranged with Jeremy in advance instead of people just showing up at the door. It is their home. I will still update the blog-but will stop doing it so frequently. Look for updated information on Wednesday evenings-I'll try to get it on by 10:00 but as you can see by looking at the time this was written it doesn't always work that way-so maybe check Thursday mornings.....

Happy Holidays to each of you!

Comments:
WOW!!!!! Great job Jeremy. We are so excited for you. Hope to see you soon.We want to give you some time though. We really admire your determination and courage. Your life has changed but not your friends.
Love,
Jo Ann Hatfield and family
 
Jeremy, Welcome home!!! We are so happy to have you home on Park Avenue! With the excellent care, love, good wishes, prayers and hard work and determination on your part it won't be long until you are back in your own home. What a wonderful Christmas to be home with your family and well on the road to recovery and independence.
Carolyn, Bruce, Brian, and Josh
You know we are right across the street and you can call us at any time for any thing!
 
Jeremy - This is awesome news. I am so happy that you are able to be at home iver the holidays. I can't wait to get a chance to talk with You.

Love

Sky
 
Jeremy -
I figured it was time for a Jedi Quote;

The dark side's influence is stronger in moments of weakness. Do not let yourself be distracted.

Soldier on bud.

Rob Elkins
 
Jeremy,
How wonderful! Christmas with your family. The Fuehner family will be thinking ofyou as we celebrate in SE Indiana.
God Bless you and your loving and devoted family.
Marie
 
My folks are down here in Spartanburg, SC, for Christmas. My father, Jack Martin, just let me know, what has happened to my friend Jeremy. My dad and Robb worked together at IPS and Jeremy and I were both in RHIT, at Purdue. I have read the whole blog and lived this whole saga tonight.

Jeremy-
I miss you and I wish I could talk to you.
You are in my thoughts.
Love Always,
Your Red-Headed Godess-

Karen (Martin) Gruenberg
 
Hey J!
I'm glad to hear that you're no longer eating hospital food and hitting on nurses. Everyone, myself included, is so proud of what you've accomplished so far, and I know you've got lots more in you. We're always here for words of encouragement and to trade center of gravity stories.
Hugs and kisses to you!
 
Yay! Congratulations! Much love!
Colleen Olson-Criswell
 
Thats great to hear Jeremy, It must be exciting to have xmas at home.

Id love to come and visit when Im over in Jan.

Me and my family wish you and your family a great holidays.

Keep up th good work, Loads of Love Annie x x
 
Jeremy,
It is so wonderful to hear(read) that you are now home. I wish you all the best in 2006! I hope you and your family had a wonderful and blessed Christmas.

Later,

Mary Freeman
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?