Sunday, December 04, 2005

 

A good day

I'm filling in the update duties for Sarah today -- sorry for the delay!

Yesterday was a good day for Jeremy. They are allowing him to self-medicate for pain, but he is being conservative so far and trying not to overdo the pain meds. The most painful thing he has to endure is the daily dressing changes. In spite of that, the staff tells Jeremy he is the best patient they’ve ever had. He has been very personable and social with everyone and his attitude has been exceptionally good.

It looks like his jaws will be wired shut for about 3 more weeks, but he is able to communicate pretty well, despite that.

As far as his infections go, his temperature continues to go up and down. At one time yesterday, he did have a temperature of 101 degrees. They continue to take more cultures, but there haven’t really been any changes with regard to infection.

All in all, Jeremy continues to improve and the move to rehab continues to look promising.

Thanks for the continued warm wishes and support!

For the Warriners,
Colleen
(Jeremy's cousin)

Comments:
J-
I'm so glad to hear you're improving so much. Your pjs will be on their way tomorrow, I promise. Keep being tough, you!
XOXO
kellie
 
Excellent job son! I'm really glad the determined Jeremy we know is not giving up this fight! You're impressing the He-- out of me!! With this kind of drive, let me know when you're ready to buy that car!

Todd
 
Jeremy,
It seems I'm only able to visit this site on Sundays but, believe me, you're in my thoughts constantly. I'm so pleased to hear that you are getting better. I know that there have been a lot of hurdles and some set backs but you continue to progress nonetheless. I'm so happy...more appropriately, I'm so relieved for you and your family that your condition is improving.

Please know that you are in my heart, my thoughts, my prayers always.

Love,
Kelly
 
Jeremy...glad to hear you had a good day yesterday. I'd like to drop by soon, but I'll wait to hear that it's more safe for you to have visitors.

Ted Maple
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?