Tuesday, November 29, 2005

 

November 29th

Well, once again surgery did not go as we had expected it to. Jeremy is OK-but more of the muscle tissue in his left leg had died. They will be removing another inch and a half to two inches on Friday. The reason that they were not able to do this today is because his left femur had a rod through it. The rod had to be removed through his hip. After the rod was removed they found that his femur was still too fragile to cut through. They have made a splint for his leg to hold it still and allow more healing to take place-this is very uncomfortable for him. For the next couple of days they will be flushing him with antibiotics. On Friday they will put a plate in his femur and continue with the amputation. There is one small bright spot that we found and that is that when they do this amputation there will be very little of the burn left on his leg-so hopefully they won't have to do skin grafts-or if they do they will be minimal.

Jeremy is in a lot of pain and very tired. He's making sure we know it too. He said that someone had been constantly bothering him since surgery-and he was right. He's had X-rays and respiratory therapists, and nurses, and speech therapists-you name it. His nurse (Kim) told me that he just had to get some rest. We decided to leave and give him some quiet time (I could tell that he was thinking hard about a lot of things anyway). His nurse told me that she was going to give him a little "IV loving"-meaning that she was going to give a boost of pain medicine and hope he would go to sleep. Mom and Dad came home long enough to eat and then headed back down to see him again before bed.

If there is anything new to report tonight after I talk with Mom and Dad I'll get back on and make another post. Otherwise I'll just wait until tomorrow night.

Comments:
Jeremy and Family,

We're thinking of you and hope to talk to you soon.

Your friends,
The Maples
 
Dear Jeremy and Family,
We continue to think of you and pray for you all. We pray for and appreciate all of the people who care for you each day.
The Moores
Bill, Pam, Bob, Jim
 
Matthew 11:28 "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.

Lord, please bless Jeremy with Your healing touch.
 
I Know it has not been easy for all of you Jeremy's Family to go trough this rollercoaster of emotions, I guess what we can only do for Jeremy now and you guys is to pray that he is going to get better. Jeremy has already proved that he can do it and I'm confident that everything is going to be ok at the end. Keep the Strenght !!
Ana Maria
 
Sarah...you are just a wonderful sister.
Your love and your strength are & will be invaluable to Jeremy.
Your daily posting on his progress is a great gesture and you write so beautifully.

If we can be of any help in taking care of Madaline...on a weekend perhaps?
Let us know.
We are here for all of you.
The prayers are continuous.

Love , MaryBeth & Tom
 
Jerm,

So much great progress I am so proud of you. I just had a thought, when they finally give you your laptop in the hospital you are going to be reading for 3 days straight so enjoy the pain meds while you have them and if you cant have coke because its not see through then maybe we could try something that still has your beloved caffiene but you can see through it like red bull (just kidding) it will be a little while before you get inot that again but I cant wait to see you bud, I am staying awake as I am yet again cast down with a dreadful cold. The weather has been pretty nasty and I have to spend a lot of time outside in it so its unavoidable, but I hought I would let you know, while you are tucked up in a nice warm bed it has been snowing today, it is the first time this season I have seen decent ground cover. only a little but still nice to wake up and see white! Well keep getting better my freind, we all love you and miss you.

Love Ryan
 
Hey Jeremy,

Lots of good news lately. Here are a few quotes that I really like.....

Take the first step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.
--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

True strength is keeping everything together when everyone expects you to fall apart.

I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind.
Some come from ahead and some come from behind.
But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see.
Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!
~Dr. Seuss

Friends are like bras: close to your heart and there for support."

Keep it up, your doing great.

Jeff and Amber Witherbee
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?