Tuesday, November 22, 2005

 

November 22nd

I visited with Jeremy after school today. He was fairly alert and definitely in more pain than I've seen him in. This is partially due to the skin grafts as they took his own skin this time. They were doing their best to keep him comfortable without "over medicating" him.

Some positive things today-the doctor's seem to have found the source of Jeremy's infection and put him on an antibiotic that reacts to this infection late this afternoon. Jeremy has been off the vent all day. His trach is going to be replaced with a trach that will (eventually) allow him to speak. He has also been off dialysis because his kidneys have been producing a good amount of urine. They will be continuing to monitor this situation but we are certainly hoping that he will not have to go back on dialysis.

I met his orthopedic surgeon on the way out the door. She told me how badly she felt about his knee-but said that she still intends for him to be able to walk-it's just going to be much harder. She said that she's been told that Jeremy is a very determined man (I like to call it extremely stubborn) and thinks he will be a great rehab patient.

I think that's about it for today. I'll check in with you again tomorrow. Keep those prayers coming!

Comments:
Yea!! Good news! Keep taking those baby steps in the right direction Jeremy!

Thanks for keeping us updated Sarah.
 
Hey Warriner Family, Thank you for the updates. I am sorry to hear about the knee, however, I am glad Jeremy is making baby steps in the right direction. Have a blessed Thanksgiving. I wish you all the best. Sincerely, Mary
 
Hi Jeremy and family,

Sounds like you're making progress on a daily basis! That is great news.

We all have so much to be thankful for this season. First and foremost is that you're still with us.

Rehab is definitely a challenging process, but it is AMAZING what can be done with technology and prosthetics.

You are in all of our thoughts, and I am sure there will be hundreds of prayers directed your way tomorrow. Happy Thanksgiving Warriner Family!

Jennifer Elliott-friend from the Marriott
 
Jerm,

Good to hear you made it through surgery fighting fit (or so to speak), its all downhill from here bud, its 1 more surgery and then time to go into recovery mode!! I cant wait to see you again, I came by one Friday and myself Dave, Megen, Bruce, Anna-Maria and your parents all had dinner. you have no idea how many people have reconnected through their love for you bud, it almost brings me to tears often. There are so many people you have touched in your life and I am proud to say I am one of them.

Rob, Patti and Sarah,

You guys have been a tower of strength not just for Jeremy but for all of us, from keeping the hundreds of people that read this blog updated, to hugging us in the hospital when it all gets too much. I just wanted to say a heartfelt thanks to all of you, this thanksgiving is not going to be the most fun that you have had, but look forward to the future and to Christmas when you can hopefully spend it with Jeremy by your side during his recovery. I will be by during the week, I just had to let you know how much I appreciate all of you.

Ryan
 
Warriner family - you are all in my prayers and thoughts. If all the tremendous love from those around Jeremy has the ability to give him strength he will need, then there will be no limit to what he can do !! Thank you for sharing his journey.
Marianna Zaphiriou
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?