Monday, November 28, 2005

 

Monday, November 28th

Jeremy is first up for surgery tomorrow. We are hoping that all they will be doing is skin grafts on his left leg-with no surprises this time. He is very worried about this surgery-which seems odd to those of us who have already sat through so many surgeries with him-but for him it is the first surgery since he's really been awake. I imagine they will be taking him fairly early and there has been no word on how long it will last.

It was nice to be able to talk with Jeremy tonight. He is very clear-in fact, I didn't see any of the strange side effects of medication. He passed his swallow test and was able to have a Coke-Hallelujah! The nurse told him for now that he had to be on a clear liquid diet-meaning you have to be able to see through it. Jeremy and I discussed the fact that beer is in fact "see-through" but decided it might really mess with his pain meds. :)

The test that they did on his stomach and gall bladder was also done-it was actually kind of an ultra-sound. It turned out to be just fine. His fever was down a bit today too. So, all things considered, he had a pretty good day. Hopefully he will get some sleep tonight and be well rested for tomorrow's adventure.

One of us will post information following surgery tomorrow. Keep your fingers and toes crossed and say a few prayers.
Thank you.

Comments:
Yay Jeremy! I'm so glad you were able to have a coke. :) Maybe we can have that beer when I come home for Christmas. Heehee!

Love you.

Kelly
 
Now that he's finally gotten some Coke, I'll bet he's setting his sights on the next mountain: Ice Cream! :-)

Has Jeremy mentioned whether his stomach feels better?
 
Good luck with the surgery today! When you are ready we will have a huge bowl of Marbleslab ice cream :)
 
It's wonderful to hear that Jeremy is back, sense of humor included! Good luck today! We're thinking of you, as always.
 
Anytime you're ready chief, we'll make that beer run with all the boys.
Stay strong.
Rob
 
Jeremy,
So glad you got your Coke! I hope your surgery goes well today. I'll be sending positive thoughts your way for that. It's wonderful to read of your progress, and I do hope that fever will soon be eradicated.

Best wishes,
Erin (Nobles) Longwell
 
Very glad to hear everything is going well. I am very happy for him that he is taking this all very well and happy for his family that he's going to be alright soon and most of the worrying is gone.

Beer is "see through" and very natural.

-Peter
 
I'm just really happy that you are getting better everyday. I can not wait to see you and talk to you but at the same time We do understand that it will happen when you are ready and everything else allows it. I keep in my prayers evryday and good luck with cirgury!!!!
I love you
Ana Maria
 
Hey bud!

I am praying for you today(Tuesday, 11/29) during your surgery and your quick healing Keep up the great work! Once again, can't wait to see you!

My prayers and thoughts are with you throughout today!

Mary
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?