Saturday, November 19, 2005

 

Jeremy's day on Friday

Sorry this is just now getting on here-I think I'm on the mend now after 24 hours of antibiotics and some sleep. Jeremy was up for about 4 1/2 hours yesterday. He was off of the vent for a long portion of the day-in fact I think that they didn't put it back on until about midnight last night. He was much more alert and somewhat responsive-he is able to nod when the nurses ask him questions and even indicated somehow that he wanted a drink-which sadly they could not give him. They did have to put him back on dialysis-he was producing plenty of urine on his own but was not flushing out the things that needed to come out. Hopefully this will just be temporary. He is still runing a low-grade fever so the doctor's continue to search for the infection. Surgery is still scheduled for Monday on his right leg and skin grafts with his own skin on both legs-probably around 12:00. I don't know much else having been out of the loop for a couple of days but it seems like we are taking baby steps forward which is good. I am so upset to have been banned from the hospital but have been given clearance to go back tomorrow.

The doctor's and nurse's-and our family- would like to remind people that we would love for you to come and visit in the waiting room, sign Jeremy's book, bring him CD's, and work on the quilt squares-but as much as we know you all want to see Jeremy he just gets too quickly agitated and tired out at this point when people come in. He tries to respond to people and when he gets frustrated everything shoots up-blood pressure, heart rate, rate of breathing, etc.

As soon as he is more stable and we are better able to communicate with him and he is able to communicate more with us about his wants and needs we will most certainly let you know and hope that you will come see him-although just one or two people at a time. You-his friends and family-are going to be an essential piece in his recovery and in dealing with the loss of his legs-I honestly believe that. He will need to know that you are still there for him and want to be around him regardless of the changes in his physical condition. I, personally, continue to be overwhelmed by the responses to these blogs and the cards and help we have been receiving from all of you. It is truly amazing to see how many lives Jeremy has touched throughout his thirty years. Thank you so much for continuing to share your thoughts. It means a lot.

I will try to get back on later this evening and tell you about today and any changes-big or small. Once again-so sorry I missed a day-I'll try to do better. :)

Comments:
Hey Jeremy..One of my very favorite Bookstore Kids....What fun we had in the BRHS Bookstore..We were a really great group...Couldn't have run the place without "my kids"...Hang in there...We are all here for you. You are in my prayers... Mrs B.
 
Jeremy,

I have been reading this blog every day. I am so glad to see you making so much progress. I am very proud of you(yes, I know I have said that many of times:)) I just feel it is worth repeating. You are a fighter! Keep it up! I can hardly wait to see you one day when you are stronger. I miss hanging out with you. Get better soon. Call me when you feel up to it.

Mary
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?